Thursday, November 13, 2008

Make your album easy to find.

Finally. (c/o juicy J on M.E.M.P.H.I.S.)

After 4 weeks of searching, I finally found Foreign Exchanges' "Leave it All Behind". Cotdamn that is a great album.

Alas, the day after I got it...i found out that Q-Tip has an album out. And I didn't fucking know about it. Thanks a lot, Arista.

Niche marketing is cool. Find a group of people that likes your shit, and pump it to that market and that market only. Boom.

The problem with that is what if someone outside the market is looking for the type of music you make. They'd have no means of finding it, and will roam the earth until they die looking for your music.

So with this, I come up with the Detroit Cydi Marketing Plan. I approve this message.

Task number one: Make our music easily accessible to the people that really really want it. There should be no reason on the planet earth that I can't find my favorite cd's or not know hat Q-Tip has an album out.

Task number two: Be brave and venture outside of the niche. You never know. Good music is good music and it will stick no matter what.

Task number three: Make it stand out from other bullshit. Think of something very creative and push it that way. Chea.

~ uppercut

2 comments:

The Missing Us... said...

Yeah, Q tip has a hot single out right now. I only saw it bc someone I know posted it on their page then i posted on my pg (fb)...does that count as getting it out? Idk, i kinda saw it around but it definitely didn't get as much buzz as something like "I am...Sasha Fierce"--but then again I found out her album was coming out because of people's statuses on facebook too....? so I really don't know...either way, laters!

The Missing Us... said...

http://glennishamorgan.wordpress.com/2008/11/14/clappintheyhands-erik-l-fea-detroit-cydi-stryfe/