Friday, November 7, 2008

Too much fun...

Creative process.

I'd tell you how CYDI makes songs, but really I don't know how. Somehow, magically, a beat comes on and somehow, magically, a song gets made. But the most important part of it is...

we enjoy it.

Supremely enjoy it. Between youtube videos, freestyle sessions, and shooting imaginary guns at each other when we walk in the door, our creative process involves a lot of fun activity.

My question, rappers....why so serious? Are you enjoying what you are doing? I hear a lot of rappers likea and...it's all "im on the GRIND," and "i GOTTA get this money". I mean, that's cool, but if you're rapping only for money then people will be able to tell.

Problem is...that takes the fun out of it. It becomes mechanical. I, Sean Uppercut am a fun loving person. DETROIT CYDI is a fun loving group. That is a very contagious thing...and people are drawn to this music.

Yes, make money with the music. But also enjoy it. Chea!

~ juan uppercut.

No comments: